Here’s everything you need to know about the procedure and how Atlantic Endocrinology & Diabetes Center’s laser hair removal treatment can benefit you.
For both men and women, laser hair removal is a safe, comfortable, and proven alternative to shaving and waxing. Whatever your needs, this treatment can help successfully remove or slow unwanted hair growth.
Unwanted hair on large areas of your body can be frustrating and uncomfortable. Luckily, laser hair removal is a revolutionary treatment that can help you slow down unwanted hair growth for smooth skin all year round!
At Atlantic Endocrinology & Diabetes Center we use the advanced equipment to remove unwanted hair from various areas of the body, including:
- Face, ears, and neck
- Back and shoulders
- Chest and stomach
Incredible Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is an innovative permanent hair removal solution that works by using a therapeutic heat to destroy your hair follicles ability to grow hair. At our clinic, we use an advanced hair removal system that requires only 4-8 treatments for best results.
Here are some of the multitude of benefits you’ll receive when you opt for this procedure:
- Lower lifetime hair removal costs. Most patients only require 4-6 treatments to achieve minimum regrowth. Any returning hairs will be much finer, fewer, and paler, making this procedure an excellent long-term investment.
- Minimal side effects: There are only a few minor side effects of laser hair removal, including temporary discomfort, redness, or swelling in the treatment area. These don’t last for more than a few days.
- The treatment is quick and convenient. Depending on what area of your body you are treating, you can be in and out of your laser hair removal appointment in the span of a lunch break. You don’t have to worry about downtime, or sticky residue like you have to with waxing.
- Reduction of ingrown hairs: Ingrown hairs commonly show up in areas of the body that have been shaved or waxed, because the hair has been broken off unevenly. However, with laser hair removal, you won’t have to worry about ingrown hairs, and when your hair does grow back, it tends to be sparse and fine.
- You can enjoy better-looking skin. Not only do waxing and shaving cause ingrown hairs, but they can also lead to permanent scars or darkened skin. Laser hair removal is safer and more effective and will lead to silky smooth, evenly toned skin.
- Laser hair removal leaves your skin softer than before: With laser hair removal, there’s no stray hair or stubble left behind. Your skin will feel silky smooth after a session, and even when it does eventually grow back, it’s thinner and softer than before.
Advances in laser technology have improved the results that people get from laser hair removal. Now, some of the complications that existed years ago have all but disappeared. Laser hair removal is a non-invasive approach that permanently reduces or removes hair in a targeted area.
Laser hair removal is performed by a professional who is specially trained in how to use the technology. The lasers are used to target patches of hair with controlled pulses of light. This light is absorbed by the dark hair follicles. After multiple treatments, the light causes the hair follicles to be permanently affected. One of the benefits of laser hair removal is that it is performed without damaging the patient’s skin. This cannot be said of other techniques, such as shaving or waxing. In fact, shaving and waxing can damage the skin so badly that the resulting blisters, redness and infections are worse than having the hair in the first place.
Once the treatment has been completed, patients have soft, smooth skin and a noticeable reduction of unwanted hair. Human hair growth is cyclical. As a result, the number of treatments a patient is going to need will vary depending on their skin type, their hair type and how coarse their hair is. Most hair removal treatments are performed on the shoulders, upper lip, back and in the bikini area.
Excessive hair growth can be extremely frustrating. It can detract from a person’s appearance and make them feel self-conscious when they are in public.
Laser hair removal is an excellent way to address these concerns in a safe, quick and potentially permanent way. To learn more about how laser hair removal can benefit you, set up a consultation at Atlantic Endocrinology & Diabetes Center in Rego Park, New York. Our team of highly qualified professionals will help you every step of the way as you say goodbye to your unwanted body hair. Contact us today to schedule your appointment!