The Body Composition analyzer measures fat mass, fat-free mass, total body water, intracellular water, and extracellular water. This tool uses these measurements to evaluate the risk of health problems such as obesity type 2 diabetes, or metabolic syndrome. And it does this with a high degree of accuracy in only 2 minutes!
The machine used a bioelectrical impedance method to calculate total body water, total lean mass, and total body fat.
For a more accurate result please follow the suggested instructions:
• Hydrate the day before.
• Avoid alcohol or caffeine 24 hours prior to testing.
• Avoid exercising 6-12 hours prior to testing.
• Do not eat 3-4 hours prior to testing.
• Avoid using lotion or ointment on your hands and feet.
• Try to drink 4 cups of water before your appointment.
• Use the bathroom prior to testing.
• If you will be menstruating during the time you scheduled your appointment, the results may not be very accurate.
• If possible, come to your appointment in active wear clothing (you will be asked to remove shoes, socks, jewelry and belts).
Bioelectrical impedance is not recommended for those who have medical devices or think they are pregnant.
What can I expect on my Body Composition report?
Your report will show levels of:
• Lean body mass that includes muscle, bone.
• Hydration – total body water and how much of this water is inside and outside your cells.
• Basal metabolic rate estimate.
• Daily energy expenditure.
After age 30, we gradually lose about 1-3% muscle mass per decade. Also, as we get older, we lose about 1-2% bone mass per decade unless we take preventive action. So, if you weighed 60 kg in your 20’s and exactly the same when you are in your 40’s, your weight will be more fat and less muscle and bone. Periodic tests will help you stay on top of your wellness routine to ensure it is working well for you in protecting your muscle and bone health.
This tool can provide useful information on the risks and status of your health as you progress through different stages of your life. It will encourage you to incorporate strategies to protect your muscle levels.
Hydration, which we often neglect, is also very important in determining our health. When we are dehydrated or if the fluid is not properly balanced inside and outside our cells, it will influence our energy, our ability to get important nutrients to our tissues, and hamper the ability of our body to clear toxins.
Everyone knows the “one size fits all” approach of Body Mass Index (BMI) isn’t effective. BMI calculations don’t consider age, gender, frame size, muscle mass, or fat distribution. Yet, BMI is the weight/mass measurement used in a wide assortment of medical and health decisions.
Rather than simply taking a measure of weight, the Body Composition Analyzer measures fat mass, fat-free mass, total body water, and the water in and outside of cells. It produces medically relevant results that have been validated against the medical science gold standard.
A Body Composition analysis can accurately display changes in fat mass, muscle mass, and body fat percentage. It also helps verify services such as personal training, patient care, and special group health.
Body Composition is mainly used to describe the percentage of fat, bone, water and muscle in the body.